- start - Start the Oracle listener
- stop - Stop the Oracle listener
- status - Display the current status of the Oracle listener
- services - Retrieve the listener services information
- version - Display the oracle listener version information
- reload - This will reload the oracle listener SID and parameter files. This is equivalent to lsnrctl stop and lsnrctl start.
- save_config – This will save the current settings to the listener.ora file and also take a backup of the listener.ora file before overwriting it. If there are no changes, it will display the message “No changes to save for LISTENER”
- trace - Enable the tracing at the listener level. The available options are ‘trace OFF’, ‘trace USER’, ‘trace ADMIN’ or ‘trace SUPPORT’
- spawn - Spawns a new with the program with the spawn_alias mentioned in the listener.ora file
- change_password – Set the new password to the oracle listener (or) change the existing listener password.
- show - Display log files and other relevant listener information.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Oracle listener commands
lsnrctl help command will display all available listener commands. In Oracle 11g following are the available listener commands.